Skip to main content

"Night Fever," new song of mine could have many biblical implications

   Many people think of going to do something for the Lord like the preach the gospel, but will they really consider what the backlash would or could be like against them in many forms? 
   During my years of preaching with and alongside Third Street Ministries the typical level of discomfort normally experienced was just the prodding of scoffers and mockers in the mission field. It was kept from encroaching on our personal lives for an extended time, even despite posting videos. My testimony would indicate just how cautious, circumspect, and in agreement with your fellow believers you have to be in order to avoid a problem. That is especially true if you are working at the "trenches" level of confronting the unbelieving world. 
   In this new song "Night Fever," I just describe in vague terms one day in July 2011 when my ministry efforts with them finally got derailed more seriously. Tom of 1tmoch fame called my cellphone (or we called each other) and I planned to go to Santa Monica to assist that night with the preaching. I never really actually made it out that night and he probably did not hear from me for several weeks due to what happened to me. 
   However, after understanding that I just experienced an upsetting series of events that completely knocked me out of a ring of contenders for several weeks, that is not really just grounds to enforce a hyper-Calvinistic view that I was therefore predestined to eternal damnation. Things just happen to people sometimes, and we already know from the Bible that God sends testing and trials, and believers experience persecution. It's a test of your faith, and like what happened to Job, the Devil could be in a war for the very soul of you. Anyway, no matter what happens to a person you can be a witness in all the places God sends you.  It doesn't have to always be one particular place, after all. 
   I did actually hear from Tom later the reasonable view that once I felt well enough again I was welcome to come out there again and help. It is just too bad that over time it felt and seemed to me that things could never really run the same way again. Some of the ministries seemed to fold within a year or so thereafter, and never had a strong presence again in the same place on a regular basis as before (which was every week, ongoing).
   Anyway, I have just completed recording and mixing down the song and it's under final review by me. I don't know exactly when the release date will be, but I will keep everyone updated.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personality Types and the Fall of Man Argument

   There will be some who will want to say that I was being illogical or unbiblical when I wrote the post about how personality differences get misunderstood.  Their argument is basically that differing personalities are a consequence of the Fall of Man- a consequence of the DNA getting disordered.  Therefore, they will say, that people who don't fit the "perfect personality" are sinful. God created one man, they will say, with a perfect personality (Adam).  In truth, they can cite Adam, Eve, and Jesus.  That argument is not correct, and I will stand my ground on this.    The reason why they are not correct is because they are making the unwarranted assumption all of Adam's descendants would have had the same personality had the Fall never happened. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that had the Fall never happened, there would have been different kinds of people with different personalities, it just would have been a more perfect world. ...

Going Against One's Word or Breaking Vows

    Inherent in the problem having to do with breaking a vow that one has previously made (from a Biblical point of view) is the classic distinction between "law" and "grace" which is talked about a great in the writings of Paul. It is not advisable to make a vow (Matthew 5:34-35), or to break a vow (Matthew 5:33), obviously because of the strict justice of God and His righteous standard. However, to think that a vow made foolishly, rashly, in error, while intoxicated, poisoned, mentally compromised, etc, must always be observed forever, is not only a wrong way or practice for being too legalistic, it would practically be heresy because one would be ignoring what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross does away with the ceremonial ordinances of the Old Testament by fulfilling them, bringing them to completion in the bringing of a new covenant in Him. Well guess what? In the Old Testament ceremonial ordinances the Jews had a way t...

We Have Freedom of Speech, right?

   How come everyone seems so afraid to speak against the real politik in our country? We used to have lively political discussion and dissent, and now people with minority opinions seem scoffed at and outcast. This is a bad trend, don't go in that way. The first amendment was set up with one of the intentions being that people would be able to criticize those in charge. It is unbelievable that people could say that a scenario happened like Pearl Jams' "Dissident" describes, and these things happen on American soil?    The 1992 Presidential election is something to look to consider the way things used to be. Third party independent candidate Ross Perot was considered as having equal weight as the two other candidates. There was a strong freedom of the thought in the political spectrum. Perot's money went a long way for him. All things considered, though, billionaires still exist. Where are the Ross Perots of our time, then, who are not afraid to jump in and shake...